Sunday, June 15, 2008

P-Plate Swimmer

I cannot swim. Up until today I have attempted several swimming lessons by a few different coaches but still nothing changed --> P-Plate-Swimmer!

Attempted swimming again today. Jessie and I decided to go to QUT Swimming Pool in Gardens Point campus. Was quite nerve wrecking to have "serious swimmers" in the pool.  There were people doing laps, kids swimming in the 1.8 meter pool, and other swimmers training with professional swimmers. I braved myself, dipped in the luke-warm water and started kicking with my head buried under the water. Anyway, there was something I was taught today - lifting my head to breathe! 

For once I feel quite good in the water, like I have achieved something BUT still CANNOT SWIM!! *Shy Shy* Ahahhaha! I was kicking with the help of a kickboard and lifting my head up to scoop air and dip down and exhale through my nose. That was what a did for around about 4 laps (not continuos of course). I tried learning the legs movements for breaststroke, but I think Jessie needs a little more patience with me for quite some time before I coordinate myself to try to stay afloat reminding myself to keep kicking, keep breathing and just keep swimming, hehhe!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

just keep swwwiiming just keep swimming ...

you know , i always walk past that pool and wanted to swim in there. is the water nice and warm ???

Anonymous said...

i'd be so embarrassed learning to swim in public. you can come and swim at my place where only bello will watch you :P

Anonymous said...

it's like a game where u leveled up - "You now learned 'lifting your head to breathe!" *zelda sound effect insert here*

ChelleZ~* said...

JP: Yeah, the water is nice and warm...a bit salty from pee-pee and nose snorts?? Nah...the water is salty but really quite clean. For $4 you get a complimentary 4 minutes shower too!

Farah: If I still cannot swim by the time I come home, which is highly likely...would you be kind enough to be my coach?? You would be my coach No 4 I think, hahhaha! *Blush* *Blush*

Jamez: Zelda or no Zelda, I wish to swim like others, a full fledged swimmer! =)

Anonymous said...

i can't swim too... :S