Monday, May 25, 2009

Fun-kinda-tiredness


It's been quite a day...
Exhausting...
Draining...
Tiring...
But I quite enjoyed it.

My day started at the clinic where drilling started with my supervisor. I must say it was a very constructive session where I got drilled where appropriate and needed. She was actually pretty lenient with such a inadequate supervisee like myself. I sincerely hope that by the end of my supervision with her, I would have learnt a lot from her and able to be a better person at my job.

The next part of my day, I was invited to speak about my experience in surviving Australia as an International student. I was so nervous that one part I just blurted out, "What the hell!" real loudly, hahahah! I spoke so fast that I couldn't put a pause at what I was saying. I must say I felt really honoured being invited to participate in this event with people I used to work with in Brisbane. Brought back lots of memories. I used to view these people being my superior, and out of a sudden, that superiority schema which I set them upon just disappeared. Now it almost feels like we're on the same level. It was a very tiring day but at the end of it, I wished I could engage in that kinda tiredness once more. It's tiredness that I can put a period and go home not thinking about work for tomorrow. Where else as a student, my days are never ending, in that when I get home today, I still have to finish my work for tomorrow and prepare for tomorrow's lesson and that sucks! My day rolls on and on, and on and on... Suck big time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The drilling is part of learning! Remember not to be too hard on yourself! Afterall you are still a "Trainee"

Good job at the pre departure thingy, it takes courage to stand in front of a crowd to share about your experiences! I'm sure those students were appreciative of your effort and have gone home with a better understanding of life as a student in Brissy!

Nice cap and a even nicer USB stick (yes me geek)!

Hang in there ya! You can do it! Ni Ker Yi! Gambate!

Geri said...

Hey babe,

hang in there...ur days as a student would be over soon without u even knowing it and then u will start missing it and dreading work life all over again..hehehe...

rem to work hard and relax at the same time too k...til we meet again...will always keep u in my prayers....take care =)

cheers,
geri

ChelleZ~* said...

John: Initially when I first peeked into the gift bag put together by UQ SBS, I thought they were so generous to give me a mobile phone =) But, the USB stick is quite cool la.

Geri: Thanks for the encouragement, means a lot!;)