Sunday, September 05, 2010

Injury

It feels good to be in the new month of September...THREE MORE MONTHS! =)

Last week, Monday I played frisbee with the sweetheart. We decided to go to the nearby park to toss the frisbee around and to practise my catching as well as throwing. He was commenting on how my throws had improved and how I can catch really well too. Throughout the night, I braved myself catching high throws, diving for the  frisbee, following the direction it flew. Then suddenly, the flying frisbee swiped across my face hitting the bridge of my nose, then my right eye. Before I buried my face in my hands screaming in pain, I saw lightning flashed in my eyes, then darkness. Wasn't exactly very painful, but I guess was the unexpected shock that it hit me out of a sudden.

Nothing broke. In fact I am thankful that it happened because I braved myself and endured a sporting injury! :) I'm no longer that girl who does not play sports!

And so for the last few days, I walked around showing off a patch of mini bruise acorss my nose, hoping someone would ask me where I got the bruise from. But guess what? No one noticed/bothered. Haha! But does not matter I'm still very proud of myself.

No comments: