1. not flowing or running, as water, air, etc.
2. stale or foul from standing, as a pool of water.
3. characterized by lack of development, advancement, or progressive movement.
4. inactive, sluggish, or dull.
1. lacking in variety; tediously unvarying: the monotonous flat scenery.
2. characterizing a sound continuing on one note.
3. having very little inflection; limited to a narrow pitch range.
–verb (used with object)
1. to weary by dullness, tedious repetition, unwelcome attentions, etc.
2. a dull, tiresome, or uncongenial person.
3. a cause of ennui or petty annoyance: repetitious tasks that are a bore to do.
Stagnant, monotonous and boredom...three words which best describe ineffectiveness and lack productivity.
Stagnant, monotonous and boredom...three very familiar words lately.
Stagnant, monotonous and boredom...wonder when will they go away??