Wednesday, November 15, 2006

22 Years of My Life

Highlights of 22nd year as ME.

- Celebrated it at home with best Alison, mommy and daddy (on the phone)
- Got Australian permanent residency visa
- Earned first full time pay cheque
- Lived on own money (for the FIRST time!)
- Owned first set of office suit
- Bought first pair of court shoes (own $$)
- Started first full time job (from miss receptionist to office administrator)
- Experienced first (and hopefully last) job retrenchment (at 22!)
- Stayed in the garage for the first time
- Attempted 4 job interviews before being offered second full time job
- Moved to the city for the first time
- Had 1 haircut
- Addicted to Nintendo
- Flute is my new toy
- No lanterns for the first time
- Celebrated CNY away from home for the first
time

Lots of firsts and lots of fun being 22. Tomorrow marks the beginning of my 23rd year of my life. It is exciting. The bigger the number grows, the more responsibilities seem to cling to you. It's just a number...to be honest, I don't think I feel any different from 16. It's just that the bigger your number grows, the more doors you can open and the more things you see. That's all!

No comments: