Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Lights

My first year witnessing Christmas lights in the suburban areas of Brisbane. We chose to visit the Calypso Court street which were winners from last year's best Christmas street. I have never seen so much so colourful lights in my life being lit in a residential area. It was fantastic!! Somewhat a magical moment. While I was there, I felt like I was lost in one of the Christmas movie scenes. Amazing! While we were on the way there (which seemed forever, because we took a longer route), Andrew mentioned about how much energy is used yearly for such events, and I was thinking to myself, so much about carbon emissions and green house gasses blah blah blah...wonder when will some smarty pants voice to put a stop to such activities. As society becomes more extreme in the things we do, ever wondered what would life hold for our future generations if more bans and restrictions are implemented?

Whatever the future holds...take each day as it comes...treasure what you have today as tomorrow may be different. 

Btw, only 10 more sleeps to  Christmas 2007!! =)

No comments: