Thursday, April 17, 2008

International Food Festival


Tomorrow is our annual International Food Festival at our college. 
All students and staff are invited to cook a traditional dish of their culture. 
Gosh, cooking is not exactly my cup of tea...last year I fried mee-hoon which I swear not to ever do again because I was up until 1am trying to fry so much mee-hoon for 2 billion people, I had mee-hoon everywhere in the kitchen, it nearly killed me. It is at times like this when I desperately wish I was at the comfort of my own home where I can just pick up the phone and ring good-old-grandma! "Hello, po-po ar, I need some food for my 28 classmates for International Smiling Day (or some whatever celebration)" My grandma would just whack up some fried mee-hoon in less than 1 hour (she makes it look so super easy!!) or head to the markets to pick up some fresh (yummilicious) sponge cake...OOOoOoOoLaLa...!! 

Anyway, back to reality...I'm here thousands of miles away from good-old-grandma...a decision has been made, I'm making some KUNYAKU JELLY!! Heck if that is not Malaysian...siapa kisah?!?!?!? As long as I bring some food, which in this case...Asian food!!

Speaking of KUNYAKU JELLY, I had my moment of glory with it...As not many of you know, I taught in a kindy before I started college back in those days. During Teachers' Day, one of my students' parent bought me a super huge box of pretty looking yet yummy tasting KUNYAKU JELLY!! Such a moment pride, when I looked into the super huge box of shiny, colourful jelly staring at back at me...woahhhhhhh...such a not-too-bad cikgu I was!! I remembered hogging the box of jelly home and smiling from cheek to cheek bragging to my grandparents what I model cikgu I was to deserve such a lovely gift (I also had a total of 1 million photo frames, a few clocks and a few bouquets of flowers...okay I stretched the truth a bit, but seriously I had so many photo frames, it was not funny!)!! I can't believe I actually thought for a split second that I was a model teacher, hahahahhaha!! What subject did I teach?? ART!! Hahahahhahahh!! Well, that is what you do when you are 17 okay - think of yourself as invincible!! At least I know my self-esteem was all along on track, hahahahha!!

Anyway, back to the subject, I made some KUNYAKU JELLY...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is KUNYAKU JELLY?? make some when you come back, i've never had them before.

i like how you write.. always seem to get carried away whenever you mention something else. so funny la :P

Anonymous said...

mmm....kunyaku jelly... *poke*

ChelleZ~* said...

Farah, when we go on our Sg Wang adventure, I can buy you some la...they make them way better than I do...and yes, I'm miss scatterbrian...that explains the scatterblog!! hahahhaha!!

Jamez, stop poking my bouncy jelly... *boink* *boink*

Anonymous said...

Jamez, stop poking my bouncy jelly... *boink* *boink*


THAT SOUNDS SO WRONG!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

*poke*

...moments of silence after farah'z comment....


O__O

ChelleZ~* said...

Your thoughts have swayed Farah...please don't let that happen again!! ;p