Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm not happy

I'm usually pretty tolerant at work. Seldom complain and seldom bring my burden from work away from work. These days the wind must have changed directions and I have been buggered with shit from work! Now, can someone tell me what is the logic behind being hardworking, responsible, reliable and consistent at work? One should be rewarded, right? Now I'm feeling the opposite! I have been sharing an office (and workload) with a colleague who is very young and immature. She is blur, inconsistent, has memory like a sieve, doesn't show initiative, doesn't take things seriously and slow. I don't mean this in a nasty way at all or have any intentions in putting myself on the pedestal. I'm just being honest, this person just does not have what it takes to keep an office functioning, and there is nothing wrong with that. Everyone is made differently, and we all just have to accept it as it is. It's coming up to 8 months now, after being in a company for 8 months and yet unsure about the products sold by the company is ridiculous! Worse than that, this person doesn't know how to even file in alphabetical order (*faint*). We, or at least I have tried so damn hard, bending over backwards to make things easier for her by spoon feeding her, setting up templates for her, explaining everything in a detailed manner, writing and highlighting information, composing step- by-step guidelines...still apparently, we have to give her a second chance by starting from afresh as a new slate!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF?!?!?!??!? 8 freaking months and still we have to babysit her?!?!?!?!? Not we, but I!! Because of her incompetency, I have been instructed to cross check her work, explain everything to her patiently and in detail, take over her work which requires interaction with external parties!! I'm furious!! Is this world unfair or what?!?!?!? Just because she is incompetent and I am, I have to cover her back, eat her shit and be at the firing-line?!?!?!?!? Fucking ridiculous!! How come people who are not pulling their weights get protected and sheltered where as people who work really hard get more shit on their plates?!?!?!?!? One person working as one and a half is not fair...as much as I've been told how much I'm being appreciated, I don't think it works this way...

Now you choose, either she gets fired or I'm gone!

That brings me to the question: Is it worth the while for being competent at work?!?!?!?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear.. that sounds terrible! why don't you tell your boss everything you've just told us? i'm sure they have a more fair system in aus compared to here. Unproductive workers need to be fired, cuz they're burdening the good ones like you!

ChelleZ~* said...

Hey Farah...Told already...the consequence of it is that we have to give her a second chance and let her start from afresh! She can be only removed from our office after given 2nd chance...and part of her second chance is for us to be more patient and tolerant with her mistakes! This is something I don't understand la...sometimes the policies we have don't make sense at all!

My mom says in Malaysia, you get paid $1000, you are expected to work like you're being paid $2000. Here in Australia I have a colleague who gets paid $2000 but works like she's getting paid $500!! *arghhhhhhhhhhh*