Thursday, October 14, 2010

RUSH is a four letter word!

The snooze button on my phone is one of the most important buttons for the pig in me. I cannot imagine life without it. I'd be a very grumpy girl. Anyway, yesterday I was supposed to wake up at 8am for class at 10am. The first alarm went off at 8am. Perfect. I would usually hit snooze to enjoy another 10 minutes of sleep before peeling myself off my bed, roll out of it, head to the bathroom clean up, have some breakfast before I hit the road, making my way to uni. Ideally that is how it was supposed to happen.

I don't know if my finger or the snooze button failed me yesterday morning. The next moment, I opened my eyes the clock had 09:10 on it! I sprang out of bed. Shocked. Wondering whose fault was it. Anyway that was no longer important after 2 seconds of debating. I quickly made my bed and pushed myself off it, missing a step down, which probably caused a small bruise on my foot. Took gigantic steps to the bathroom, picked out the first piece of clothing that caught my attention, and headed for the door. In between getting changed and headed for the door, I filled my water bottle and chose my ear rings. As though something possessed me as I was filling the bottle, most of the water from the kettle landed everywhere around the bottle but in the bottle. Then I came to choose my ear rings for the day, picked out a pair with pretty white roses and an off white pearl in the middle. Brought it close to my ear and checked in the mirror. Too dressy. Put back into the box. While doing that dropped them on the floor. The roses landed on the side of one of the petals and resulted in some chipped paint. Ouch. Anyway I had to run, no time to inspect and feel sorry for it. Grabbed my bag and left.

While on the road, traffic was surprisingly a breeze. Took me an unusual 15 minutes to arrive at the destination. Upon arriving at the entrance of the building I was going to park my car, I turned off the radio knowing how the reception would blur out. Right after doing that, I drove into the building, wound down my window, reached out to the red button, pressed it and waited for the mechine to spit me a ticket. But wait. Before that, as I drove to do that, something happened. In my head I was calculating and estimating how much class would I miss...10 minutes maximum, I reckon! And then this happened...*screechhhhhhh*! Now what? For the freaking second time in my life, my car was damaged in this same building! What? Once every semester is the trend, is it? So my being late 10 minutes was obviously underestimated. By the time I got to basement 3, most lots were taken. I had to stop myself from thinking about what happened, opened my eyes wide to look for a lot. When I finally found an illegal lot, which could fit my car, I parked it. I finally got out of the car to inspect. My heart ached.


Lesson learnt: Michelle cannot function in a RUSH!